This site is not an official Fulbright Program site and the views expressed on the site are entirely mine and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program, the US Department of State or any of its partner organizations.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Teaching English to Toddlers

This past Friday the English Camp I was teaching after-school for two weeks ended. I taught four classes at the camp after-school everyday to kids ages 2-5. Yes, you read that right 2-5! Needless to say, I often felt like I was doing a lot more babysitting than teaching but it was still fun.

The camp had different themes for each of the days which were the beach, going to the circus, animals and having a picnic. My favorite day was definitely the picnic day because we made sandwiches with the kids. This was nice because the kids loved it and it was also less draining on me after a full day of teaching. I was also continuously amused by how delicious the kids thought the sandwiches were because I thought they were pretty gross. The sandwiches were very Korean and included grape jelly, ham, American cheese, cucumber, carrots and a tomato. Even after a year in Korea, I still can't stomach Korean sandwiches which often include huge amounts of jelly, ketchup and mayonnaise in addition to overly processed ham or Spam. 

Anyways, I'm glad the camp is finally over because it was really exhausting to teach from 9- 7:30 every single day. Here are some pictures of the kiddos at camp!



No comments:

Post a Comment