This site is not an official Fulbright Program site and the views expressed on the site are entirely mine and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program, the US Department of State or any of its partner organizations.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Final Goodbye

This past Saturday I flew home from South Korea. Before I left school on Friday I was showered with gifts and attention from both my students and teachers. It was nice to feel appreciated and to feel like I really made a difference at the school. I also really enjoyed seeing how crafty so many of my students were. Many of them sewed me phone charms, hair ribbons, etc.
Saying goodbye to some of my 3rd graders
Saying goodbye to my 5th graders (and one 3rd grader)
After school, I went to the Kyeong's house. The Kyeong's are the family I lived with in February. We then went out to dinner with their family friends. It was really great to be able to spend one last night with their family. I really enjoyed living with their family in February and wanted to say thank you once again.

At a cafe after dinner with the Kyeongs and their family friends
My flight home put me into LaGuardia at 11:30 on Saturday. I was met by my parents and it was so nice to see them after so long. I was also lucky to come home on a Saturday because many of my friends and family were able to come over the following day. It was great to enjoy the beach, some pizza and just quality time with my friends and family. As much as I enjoyed my time in South Korea a year truly was a long time to be away from home.

Since I'm back in the states now I think this will be my last blog entry. I've truly enjoyed writing about my experiences here and hope you enjoyed reading about my time as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in South Korea.

3 comments:

  1. I loved following your blog this year, Kate! What are you going to do next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm moving back to Durham in a week or so and will be teaching 6th grade math and science! I'm really excited for the change!

      Delete
  2. There are numerous women, who visit different types of parties and get-togethers, wearing the glittering casual outfits and the trendy jewelries. The jewelries, including CRYSTAL EARRING, are designed by eminent designers working under the reputed jewelry houses. The crystals, used in making the ornaments, come with golf ball texture. The other types of precious stones, used in producing the ornaments, include ceramics, agate and many others. The ornaments are light weight in nature. So, you will feel extremely comfortable wearing the ornaments in the get-togethers. You can dance and sing your heart out in the get-togethers. This and the exclusively and fashionably designed ornaments on your body, will make you the center of attraction of the parties.

    ReplyDelete